An Avandia® lawsuit can be filed by Avandia® patients who've suffered serious side effects. Through the lawsuit, victims can seek compensation from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), the drug's manufacturer.
Heart attacks, strokes, and congestive heart failure related to the use of Avandia® have resulted in thousands of lawsuits filed against the manufacturer. Other side effects that have resulted in lawsuits include liver damage, loss of vision and the occurrence of bone fractures in the hands, upper arms and feet. Avandia® wrongful death lawsuits have been filed by families who have lost someone to an Avandia® related fatality.
Since Avandia® has been on the market GlaxoSmithKline has been sued over 13,000 times because of adverse effects that the Rosiglitazone drugs have had on diabetic patients.
Lawsuit claims include:
- Heart attack
- Congestive heart failure
- Bone fractures
- Live Damage
- Macular edema
- Heart damage
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary embolism
Whether filed as an individual claim or a class action case, Avandia® lawsuits can win settlements for affected patients by proving that:
- The patient's injuries were caused by taking Avandia®
- GlaxoSmithKline knew about severe side effects and failed to disclose them to the FDA and the general public
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Families of patients who have died due to Avandia® complications will also be entitled to monetary settlements for their loss. In such instances, it's typically a better idea to file an individual lawsuit, rather than join a class action case.
Avandia® Lawsuit Settlement (Compensation)
By pursuing an Avandia® lawsuit, injured patients can potentially win compensation for their:
- Past medical bills
- Necessary ongoing treatments (if Avandia® injuries require long-term care)
- Living expenses (if Avandia® injuries prevent individuals from earning a living for any period of time)
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Statute Of Limitations
Most states have a statute of limitations on product liability and wrongful death suits. Both types of actions have been features of Avandia® litigation since many people using Avandia® suffered fatal heart attacks. Generally, plaintiffs in these cases are limited to a few years after the wrong has occurred or after the date of death to file these actions.
When working with an experienced Avandia® lawyer to help you with your case, you will receive professional representation which includes:
- Access to a network of experts (including medical professionals) who can testify in court to verify your claims
- Professional representation in court, mediation and/or arbitration proceedings
- Help dealing with insurance representatives and negotiating with GSK's corporate lawyers
- Work on a contingency basis which means that you only pay fees only after the attorney wins you a settlement.
During your initial consultation, our Avandia® lawyers will provide you with a free case review. This case review consists of:
- Evaluating your case
- Finding out about settlements in cases similar to yours.
- Helping you understand more about the process of filing and following through with a personal injury lawsuit.
- Provide information so you can decide whether you want to pursue your claim via an individual case or through a class-action lawsuit.
Our Avandia® lawyers do not charge fees for consultations, as they want to encourage more injured patients to evaluate and pursue their cases.
Speak With An Avandia® Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered a serious Avandia® side effect, contact us to speak with a lawyer who specializes in dangerous drug litigation lawsuits. Let us help you win the compensation you need and deserve.