Levaquin® Cost and Availability
Generically known as levofloxacin, Levaquin® is an oral antibiotic that is prescribed to treat a range of bacterial infections, including pneumonia, sinus infections, skin infections and urinary tract infections.
Depending on the nature and severity of an individual's condition, Levaquin®:
- may come in tablet or liquid form
- is available in various strengths, including 250 mg, 500 mg and 700 mg (It's only available in 25 mg/mL in its liquid form.)
- will be prescribed for 7 to 14 days (with the most serious conditions requiring up to two weeks of Levaquin® treatment).
Cost of Levaquin®
Here are some general price ranges for Levaquin® pills:
- 250 mg Levaquin® costs about $41 for 30 tablets (about $1.35 per pill).
- 500 mg Levaquin® costs about $71 for 30 tablets (about $2.35 per pill).
- 700 mg Levaquin® costs about $85 for 30 tablets (about $2.84 per pill).
In most cases, the cost of Levaquin® pills will decrease when patients buy more of the medication at a given time. For example, the price per pill of 250mg Levaquin® drops to $1 per pill when patients purchase 90 tablets in an order.
The precise cost of a Levaquin® doses will depend on:
- the type of Levaquin® a patient needs (i.e. tablet versus liquid form of the medication)
- the strength of the Levaquin® dose prescribed
- the length of time a patient is instructed to take the Levaquin® drug
Where to Find Levaquin®
As with most prescription medications, Levaquin® is typically available at local and online pharmacies.
Levaquin® can cause a range of serious side effects if the medication isn't taken appropriately, which means Levaquin® should only be taken as instructed. As a result, it's vital that patients only purchase this drug through reliable pharmaceutical retailers.
Alternative Retailers: Levaquin® Online
Buying prescription medications, such as Levaquin®, online allows consumers to:
- save time and money, as they can comparison shop Levaquin® prices and have the medication sent directly to their home
- guard their privacy, which can be particularly important if patients are embarrassed about their medication needs.
However, when purchasing Levaquin® online (or any prescription medication, for that matter), be sure you are dealing with an established, reliable retailer.
Levaquin® Side Effects and Lawsuits
Despite being an effective fluoroquinolone antibiotic, Levaquin® is known to cause a range of mild to serious side effects. To minimize the chances of sustaining life-threatening Levaquin® side effects, it's vital that patients discuss their complete medical history with their doctor before starting a course of Levaquin®. It is also important their they understand the potential Levaquin® side effects and their symptoms and, of course, only take Levaquin® as directed by their doctor.
Potentially fatal side effects of Levaquin® include:
- agranulocytosis, a dangerous decrease in white blood cell levels
- arrhythmias, irregular heartbeat
- autoimmune hemolytic anemia, in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks red blood cells
- blood clotting disorders, characterized by swelling and tenderness at the site of the clot
- dysglemia, a disorder of blood sugar metabolism
- epilepsy, seizures
- hepatotoxicity, liver damage marked by dark urine and yellowing of the whites of the eyes
- peripheral neuropathy, nerve damage marked by tingling, pain or numbness
- renal toxicity, kidney damage characterized by bloody urine and excessive fatigue
- severe allergic reaction, marked by hives, skin rash and facial or tongue swelling
- tendinopathy, an injury or tear affecting the tendon
- thrombocytopenia, low levels of blood platelets that can cause excessive bleeding
- toxic epidermal necrolysis, in which the top layers of skin separate from the skin’s internal layers
If You Have Been Injured by Levaquin®
Have you or a loved one been injured after taking Levaquin®? If so, contact us to speak with an experienced Levaquin® attorney who specializes in drug recall litigation & lawsuits. Let us help you win the compensation you need and deserve.