NuvaRing® Pulmonary Embolism
A NuvaRing® associated pulmonary embolism involves blood clots forming and then staying in one of the lung's major arteries. The blood clots ultimately block oxygen rich blood from reaching the cells of the lungs, which can cause severe damage to the lungs, breathing problems and even death.
Though a pulmonary embolism can happen naturally, researchers have revealed that the hormone compounds in NuvaRing® can augment the risks of blood clots and associated conditions like pulmonary embolism by as much as 90% over conventional birth control contraceptives.
Those who currently are or have in the past used NuvaRing® must be aware of common symptoms accommodating pulmonary embolism. Seeking emergency medical attention as soon as possible is essential to any hopes of avoiding serious and irreversible complications.
These pulmonary embolism symptoms may include:
- An inflammation in the leg
- Experiencing a heart beating at an increased rate
- Running a fever
- Suddenly feeling breathing difficulties (shortness), which can occur even without strenuous physical activity
- Anxiety feelings
- Blood in the sputum or cough
- Chest pain. In some cases extending out to the jaw, arm or shoulder, or all.
Those who suffered a NuvaRing® pulmonary embolism must seek medical attention without delay. It is essential to break up and get rid of blood clots, restore healthy flow in the bloodstream and normal breathing patterns.
The necessary emergency treatments usually involve:
- The implantation in veins of vein filters, to try to stop blood clots that have formed from moving to different parts of the patient and then staying in the arteries of the lungs, which can cause a reoccurrence of pulmonary embolism, stroke, or heart attack.
- Medications designed to thin the blood, referred to as anti-coagulants, which may include warfarin (often sold as Coumadin or under other brand names), heparin or aspirin. Sometimes a combination of such medications is required.
- Therapy for the thrombolytic system, in which very powerful medications are given to patients to break up blood clots that have failed to become neutralized by the usual anti-coagulant medications.
Speak With A NuvaRing® Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered serious side effects from NuvaRing® use, you may qualify for compensation through a NuvaRing® lawsuit. Contact us to speak with a lawyer who can help you with your legal claim.