Yaz Birth Control Cost
Yaz Birth Control®
Yaz, generically known as drospirenone, is an oral contraceptive medication that prevents pregnancy by making it nearly impossible for sperm to fertilize an egg and for an egg to fix itself on the uterine lining.
Produced by Bayer, Yaz birth control pills are just one choice in the sea of possible methods of contraception for women. Whether or not Yaz is right for a particular women will depend on her:
- medical history
- lifestyle habits
Women thinking about starting a course of Yaz should consult their doctor for a thorough physical exam and a professional opinion. For women who start taking Yaz, it's essential that they take the medication every day at the same time (within two hours of the set time).
Use of Yaz will need to continue month after month for continued effectiveness at pregnancy prevention.
Factors That Affect Yaz Birth Control Price
Given that women will need to stick to a course of Yaz in order to keep getting the contraceptive benefits, it's clear that the monthly cost of Yaz birth control pills will be a factor that women need to consider before they start taking Yaz.
Elements that affect the cost of Yaz birth control pills include:
- whether a woman has health insurance
- the type of health insurance plan a woman has
- where a woman fills her Yaz birth control prescription (i.e. at a traditional or online pharmacy)
Women who have full-coverage health insurance and who opt to fill their prescriptions through online pharmacies tend to pay less in Yaz birth control costs
Range of Yaz Birth Control Costs
The retail cost of Yaz birth control pills without insurance is $49.99 per pack (A pack of Yaz, which contains 24 active pills and 4 placebos, lasts 28 days – just under a month).
Depending on women's insurance plans and pharmaceutical retailers, the cost of Yaz birth control can range from $35 for 3 packs to around $109 for 3 packs.
Schools' health centers, as well as non-profit organizations, may provide Yaz birth control for free (or minimal cost) for women with significant (and provable) financial limitations
Yaz Side Effects and Lawsuits
The price of Yaz birth control pills is just one factor that women should consider before stating a course of Yaz.
Additionally, it's vital that women understand the types and symptoms of serious Yaz side effects, which can include:
- blood clots
- deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a condition in which blood clots get stuck in the body's deep veins (especially in the legs) and hinder healthy circulation
- depression, panic disorder or other emotional disorders
- heart attack
- hypertension and/or high cholesterol
- liver damage, which is typically indicated by stomach pain, dark urine or jaundice in the eyes
- pulmonary embolism (PE), blood clots in the lungs that cause breathing difficulties and chest pain (This condition is typically fatal without immediate medical care.)
- severe allergic reaction, marked by hives, facial or tongue inflammation and breathing difficulties
Yaz patients who develop any of the above, serious injuries should:
- Seek immediate medical attention to prevent further complications and, in the worst cases, save their lives
- Talk to their doctor about an alternative, safer method of contraception
- Meet with a personal injury lawyer who specializes in Yaz birth control lawsuits to find out if they have a legal claim against Bayer
Have you or a loved one been injured after taking Yaz? If so, contact us today to talk to an experienced Yaz attorney who can evaluate your case and help you win the compensation you deserve.